Tuesday, October 18, 2011

a poem i wrote in elementary

So i've been looking through boxes for my old year books and i found a poem i wrote in like fourth or fifth grade, i cant believe i was thinking like this even in elementary school.

I wish you made a painting
i wish you made a song
so everyone will know what went wrong

dont only make a monument of me
make it for all the people who live in fear
SO EVERYONE CAN UNDERSTAND WE CANNOT LET THE MONSTERS OF THIS WORLD RULE THE LAND

the song shouldnt only be for me
it should be for the families who hear the pounding on their doors at night
and the soldiers coming to take them away

dont make a painting for me
make it for those who shed thir blood trying to set us free

even though my death and many others will be a tragedy
it'll make the world who didn't say anything, speak out loud
it'll make the world who didnt see, open their eyes to what is wrong
hopefully in the future the world will speak out loud and keep their eyes open

No comments:

Post a Comment