Tuesday, October 18, 2011

An Old Poem

Listening to the souless sounds of a so called celebration
i can't help but wonder...
is this what God wants?
a congregation of people either here out of habit or brought here by parents who come here...
out of habit.
hearing them recite these creeds and parable, i can't help wondering if the words actually matter.
i mean even a parrot can imitate its master.
i rather be with a pack of dogs and teach them there's something better than in a room full of a flock of mimicking fowls.

i know there are birds in this cage by choice. though few, i know of them.
and if you see them, pleas send them my way.
guide them to my door step and let the sing their sweet passionate songs.
because im tired of hearing mockery in the form of mimicking hiding behind a mask labeled FAITH.
traced with and outline of religion.
i know there's something out there and the only reason i've called him God is because i havent heard it said any different.
give me passion
give me soul
given me something that weakens my knees
give me something that comforts my fear of the "what's to come"
keep your brainless birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment